Have you ever wondered why you have pains in different areas of your body? These can be especially in the shoulders, back, and neck. The most apparent reason is that your posture whether you are sitting, standing or sleeping is not right. In this article, you will read about, tips from physiotherapy Edmonton to enhance the posture.
Why The Posture Becomes Poor?
The clinics that have Physiotherapy Edmonton give the following possible reasons for the poor posture of a person. These can lead to many other causes of poor digestion, soreness, and muscular pain.
- When people are fully devoted and concentrating on their job; they at many times forget the manner in which they are sitting. They unknowingly crouch when they are sitting and focusing on a task.
- The use of mobile phones and other devices has increased over the past decade. This has given stress to the people using it because they often title or bend their heads to use it.
- Pain from an injury like whiplash can also create a poor posture. You must be thinking how? The posture in which the person sits in comfortable and the right one gives more pain and stress.
- At night you are unaware of the way you are sleeping and you might be sleeping in the wrong position. The nerves, muscles, and joints are the parts that are affected the most. But the important point is how to fix bad posture?
- If you think that physical strain is the only reason for a poor posture then you have to think again because mental stress can tighten the muscles making it difficult to maintain a good posture.
- It is a natural process for the body to hunch when you reach old age. This is the main reason for senior citizens to lose their balance and fall quite often.
Physiotherapy Edmonton Gives These Tips
When you visit physiotherapy facilities like Regenerate Physio in addition to treatments for different pains; they suggest tips so that you can maintain a good posture at home as well.
Keep The Back Straight And Erected
This has to be done not only when you are sitting but also while standing and even laying down to rest. Make sure that you are not crossing the legs.
Adjust The Seat And Screen
The screen must be at the level of your eyes. You have to either adjust the chair to that height or have monitors to be lifted up or down.
Don’t Sit Or Lay Down For Long
Sitting or lying down in position for a long time can contribute more to the poor posture. At Physiotherapy in Edmonton, it is suggested to take 2 to 3 minutes break after every 30 minutes of sitting.
Purchase Back Erection Pillows
There are many pillows and cushions that can be placed at your back when you are sitting on a chair. This will definitely help you to maintain the right posture.
Foot Wear Should Be Right
Shoes with high heels affect the posture in a negative way by shifting the gravity center of the body. You have to wear comfortable shoes to keep the posture right.
Don’t Forget How You Sleep
Although you are not aware of the posture you are sleeping but you can do a few adjustments that you can make that are suggested by experts at Physiotherapy Edmonton like buying a back support mattress and the pillow should be the one that keeps your head in the right position.